Wednesday, January 23, 2008

election day

In less than 9 months, this country will once again, watch democracy in action as we elect a new president of the United States. As the Democratic Primaries and Caucuses continue it is becoming apparent that Hillary Clinton has regained the front runner position for the Democrats in 2008. This is so horrible. It is not that I am against a woman president by any means. I'm all for what Sally Field said (kind of) when she got cut off at the Emmys. It’s just nobody is more ideologically in sync than a husband and wife except perhaps a father and son. This is why it is so horrible. The last time I was alive and either a Clinton or a Bush was not in office was when I was just three years old. While every Republican tells me how great Regan was, at the time, I was more focused on the basics of walking and spitting out short sentences to impress relatives. If Hillary Clinton does get elected, and possibly re-elected, I could be thirty-one before a Bush or Clinton is not in office. I could potentially have grownup, began my career and have a child of my own before I have a chance to have a little variety in the executive office of the United States. And who knows, by then Jeb Bush will probably be gearing up to make run at the Oval Office.

No comments: